Re: #3 & #6 for Pippen?

> CNN/SI is reporting that Pitino is offering the #3 and #6 picks for
> Scottie Pippen.  I wonder if it is true, and if "the Jerrys" will
> bite.
>
> Dave Hughes

If this happens, it makes no sense to me.  In his career, the best thing about
Scottie Pippin is that he plays with MJ.  Even 4 years ago, he could not lead
a team by himself.  He is in his 30s.  The chances of us being a contender in his
basketball lifetime is somewhat slim.  I could see it if he was 27 maybe.

One of the advantages of being really bad is that you can afford to be selective.
No single FA signing or trade is going to turn you around, so you might as well
build slowly (particularly if you have a long term contract!)

Bottom line, I would rather two rookies than one old veteran.

Fred