Help from celtics fans

On the eve. of a draft which I truly believe will turn our team back in the
direction of a championship, I ask all of your help in a personal matter.
In order to best understand my request, some background is necessary:

In 1986, I moved from watertown MA (not far from where I was raised) to
Cleveland OH. My future wife, somewhat reluctantly, moved with me. We had
been living together for a year and I knew "she was the one". Yet, I
couldn't ask her to marry me. I was ONLY 28!!! and besides many changes
were in store for us. I was relieved that she agreed to go with me without
a garantee.

Turns out that one of the many pleasures of the city of Cleveland was an
ample supply of basketball tickets. The CAVS sucked, and we rarely missed a
game when my beloved Celtics were in town. For whatever the reason, The
CAVs really seemed to have the celts number and won a majority of the
games. Late in the '86-'87 season, something happened that changed our
lives forever.

We were in the Colliseum, with the celts down by about 10 points. Bird and
the Chief just couldn't get it going and things looked bad. To the start of
the season, Mchales favorite weapon was the fall away jumper, but over the
previous few games he had been experimenting more and more with the jump
hook which would eventually become his go-to shot. That night he began to
go to it with vigor, backing Brad daugherty in down low and SWISH...nothing
anyone could do!

Kevin placed the team squarely on his back, and shot by shot lead them back
towards victory. Now I am not prone to displays of emotion, but I found
this somehow overwhelming and that feeling extended to all that was good
and wonderful in life. I took my wifes hand and before I knew what I was
saying I muttered "honey, lets get married". There were tears in my eyes.
"What", said my wife, "when"? "Beats me", I said, "How 'bout the end of the
summer, and if your getting up, could you get me another beer"? We were
married August first, 1987. I have not regretted this emotional inspiration
for one moment in 10 years.

Because I never planned my proposal, I had no engagement ring. We were poor
and well, I just never happened. Now after ten years, I want to give my
wife a ring (an emerald to remind her of celtics green). HOW DO I DO
THIS!!! I want to recreate a celtics moment in order to present the ring,
but how can this be done in Vermont, ten years later, in the off-season.

Any ideas? Any 1986 vintage Celtics CAVs tapes out there? You guys are
creative enough to help me out and I would appreciate any input which from
the members of the list. I do appologize for the length of the post and its
personal nature, but I need your help. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow,
I'll have lots of aniversary ideas, as well as a vastly improved team by
this years draft.

My Sincere Thanks,

Peter

pmoses@zoo.uvm.edu