Re: belated comment on trade

   I agree on all counts. I think a lot of Celtics fans greatly
          exaggerted Dino's value on the market. There aren't many
          teams willing to take on a 30-year-old injury-prone power
          forward who doesn't play defense and is stuck with a
          long-term $6 million contract. For Pitino to be able to not
          only dump Dino, but get back a productive, younger player
          whose contract is up after next season is nothing short of a
          miracle. I was convinced we'd have to part with a draft pick
          in order to dump any of our over-priced stiffs. Also -- I
          don't have a clue as to how this draft is going to go. I was
          hoping we'd draft Billups and Mercer, but now it sounds like
          it may be Battie and Mercer, or Van Horn and Mercer or even
          Van Horn and Daniels. I'm completely confused, but still not
          so sure that we'll end up with both picks. Who knows?

I hopethe trade goes through..but What an idiot Larry Brown is.  Can you
imagine the self-inflated stupidity of a coach trying to use Allan Iverson as
a jump shooter coming off screens?  Even if it weren't a terrible idea, it's
guaranteed to make him your enemy.  And it is a terrible idea.  Iverson, for
better or worse, is the sixers future.  There's nothing for it but to put the
ball in his hands, and let him learn to harnass his talent.  This is dumber
than Hubie Brown trying to make Patrick Ewing into a power forward.