Re: Disturbing rumor.

- ----------
> From: smishra

> Celtics and Pacers are pursuing talks regarding Erick Dampier and No. 12
for No. 3. The hang-up? Boston demands Pervis Ellison be included. Indy
> would take Dee Brown.
>
> ** Center or not , I don't want Eric Dampier..he is garbage, he has an
NBA body but little else, true we get rid of Ellison & Brown's contracts
but what do we do after that. I hope the Baker scenario materializes but
looks> like there is nobody at Milwaukee who is worried about that.
>                                                                       -

I agree and hope this is only a rumor.  Why would anyone want to drop from
3 to 12 to pick up Dampier ?  Dampier is a stiff, another Montross we got
rid of.   Let's not move the 3 for nothing more than a big body.  Hell , we
were ecstatic about getting the Dallas pick for Montross, lets not screw it
up.

Why wouldn't  we make a move, as Mishra has proposed, for someone like
Jayson Williams a guy, who if he stays healthy , can put up Rodman like
rebounding numbers and for $2M a year and wants out of Jersey ?  We have to
move one of the 3's for a big physical 4 or 5 or Antoine is back playing
center and getting abused.

We are in the drivers seat and in no hurry.  At the worst  we keep the
picks and pick up two of Mercer,  Battie, Van Horn,  Daniels, or Thomas ?
If we move a Witherspoon for Jayson Williams,  & Minor for Brent Barry we
can have a good young foundation much improved from last year.  If we are
moving either pick or dropping down significantly, it better be for a
potential star not a mediocre role player, we have enough already.

It would be much smarter to be content withthe 2 picks and some other
acquisitions than make a trade just to unload some of the salary.