Re: another great Denver Post piece

> Here it is:
> San Antonio, of course, makes Wake Forest center Tim Duncan the first
pick.  Philadelphia uses the second pick to draft Colorado guard Chauncey
Billups.  Boston makes Texas Tech center/forward Tony Battie the third
pick.  Vancouver drafts Van Horn.  Denver takes Bowling Green point guard
Antonio Daniels.  The Nuggets trade the rights to Daniels, plus veteran
guard Dale Ellis to the Grizzlies for the
> rights to Van Horn, plus Grizzlies forward Eric Mobley.
> Voila!

Is it me, some posturing, or has Van Horn's stock seem to have risen a bit
in the last week due to his shooting ability ?

Why would anyone want Dale Ellis a guy way past his prime that could never
play any D , Ervin  Johnson at what he is getting paid, , or Eric Mobley ?

The Nuggets get Van Horn and they get to keep Johnson.  The Celtics hold
the key to unlocking the scenario. Because they gave up Radja, their best
big  man, and got only a small forward and a power player long past his
prime, they now need a big  man. Battie is the second-best big man
available, and Boston may use the third pick to take him.

I don't expect Pitino to take Battie  unless it is to move him to Milwaukee
for Baker.

> Here is what is most likely to happen for the Nuggets on Wednesday:
> The first four players taken, in order, are Duncan, Battie, Van Horn and
Billups.  The Nuggets use the fifth pick to take Cincinnati's Danny
Fortson, the muscular forward who
> reminds observers of Calvin Natt, at least as far as his physicality and
athleticism.  The Nuggets trade Johnson to the Toronto Raptors for the
ninth selection, plus Popeye Jones,  then use the ninth pick to take
Antonio Daniels, who slides past six, seven and eight. Whatever > they do
Wednesday, the Nuggets can't afford to be timid .x.x. or wrong

Is this guy working in conjunction with Bristow on a smokescreen job ?
Fortson at 5 , Daniels at 9 , get serious.