RE: Trade

>The only way that this is a good trade is if it frees
>up cap space now or in the near future.  Neither player
>will be a free agent this summer.
>
>Charles

I think Weatherspoon's contract is up at the end of 97'-98'. Now the issue
is Philly's pick, that is, does Philly pick Billups or Mercer and move
Stackhouse to small forward? Does this mean that we take Battie, or Van
Horn at 3 and McGrady at 6? Or does he go with Daniels at 3 and hope that
either Battie or Thomas are still around at six? Is Williams gone? One more
thing. If saying you're wrong makes you a big person then I'm soon to be a
giant. I was absolutely wrong calling Pitino "Aunt Bea." I read in one of
the papers on-line today that the draftees think Pitino's workouts have
been the toughest (along with Calipari's but he doesn't count) and now
this. He's not screwing around. He's got the cash...he's got the
power...he's playing hardball with everyone. Perfect.

Paul M.