Re: best of all time??

- ----------
> From: Rhett Orcutt <rhett@digitalpla.net>
> To: davies@theshop.net; celtics@igtc.COM
> Subject: best of all time??
> Date: Friday, June 13, 1997 11:57 PM
>

> You got that right!!! but hold up I need some help and the celtics fans>
opinion on the greatest team of all time and the greatest player of all>
time.  My Friends are trying to tell me its Micheal and the bulls of> this
year.  what do you all think?

Anyone who watched this series & thinks this Bulls team is the greatest is
insane.  This team has 2 players Jordan (The best ever) and Pippen.  They
carried the other 10 the whole series and due to the leagues watered down
1/3 NBA, 1/3 CBA, 1/3 College/High school player makeup 2 players can wn
you a championship. It used to be a requirement to have a good big man to
win a championship, this team shows it is not in the NBA any longer, so
maybe we should not be so concerned at getting a top notch big man if you
have 3 stars at other positions that can carry you.  It also showed how
important free throw shooting can be  If Karl Malone doesn't shoot about 50
% from the line the Jazz win game 1, 6 and the championship, but he choked
big time !  Just did not step it up when they needed it.

Anyone who thinks this team could compete with the Lakers, Celtics & even
Piston & 76er teams of the 80's is ludicrous.  Come on Luc Longley Kucoc,
Kerr, Harper, Rodman would get trounced by the likes of  Bird, Mchale,
Parish,  Walton, and  Magic Worthy Cooper, Jabbar.