Re: PLAYOFFS

At 08:40 PM 6/12/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I think the NBA finals can't be against the discussion rules can it?  I
>would just like to ask if anyone noticed how badly Malone played last
>night, after the first quarter he just didn't seem to be there!  They
>could easily have been up 3-2 if he'd come to play.  Has anyone heard if
>anything was wrong with him?  Also, I'm no fan of the Bull's, but I do
>have to say that was a gutsy performance by Jordan, he was obviously
>sick as a dog.  I so want Utah to win.  Great series.
>Dorine

Dorine:

Maybe you and I could back channel each other about the finals.  It seems we
are the only two watching.  I would rather talk about the best finals in
years than talk about what might happen in the draft when we don't have a clue.

Jordan's game was an awesome display of the will to win.  Chicago got away
with very physical play and Utah did not respond.  They were not ready to
play that level of ball.  I think it will be difficult, but that Utah can
win two if they play as physical as Chicago.  Chicago looks very tired and
they have not really played well.  On the other hand, Utah was not ready to
step up on Wednesday.  And they did not seem to realize how tired Jordan was
and played him like he was a full strength, how could they make that
mistake?  They should have given his man the ball every time and had him
attack Jordan and pass out of double teams.

They failed to adapt.  I fear that Chicago takes it all tonight.  But if the
Bulls don't win tonight, it is up to the Jazz to win or lose on Sunday,
Chicago will be depleted by then.

Bentz