Re: Draft & Free Agency

> >Always liked Ostertag.  He is intense, smart and has good defensive instincts.
> >instead we draft Montross who couldn't jump, couldn't run, couldn't defend
> >and couldn't
> >rebound.
> >
> >Fred
>
> This post makes no sense.  You bash Williams saying he is not talented and
> should have been an 18-25 pick and then you go on to praise Ostertag?!
> Maybe I am missing something here but Ostertag is NOT good.  He has done OK
> in this series but even then he is overachieving.  He is your typical white
> center that can't jump, isn't aggressive, and is most certainly not intense.
>
> Tim

 Hey, I didn't say Ostertag was a lottery pick!  I said I liked him.  He plays hard,
is big and knows what he is doing.  he is not a bad shot blocker (nice one last night
in crunch time). He has done a good job in the playoffs against
the likes of Shaq and Hakeem and playing well against Chicago.  He plays well and
gets knocked as "overachieving".  I would prefer 10 guys who overachieve than
a buch who underachieve.

I don't think Williams is anywhere near a top 4 pick.  He is a medium size forward
with an inside game.  And fit in with the Cs well last year by playing practically
no defense.  Still see him as a middle to late 1st rounder.  Where do you
see Williams fitting in?

Fred