Re: Greg Minor

> It is not up to the schools to teach responsibilities, it is up to the
> parents.  Teachers teach reading, math science etc.  Coaches teach >skills,

Things in life are not so black and white.  There is a lot of gray.
The promary function of schools is not reading, science,etc.... The
primary function is socialization.
	Teaching children is primarily up to the parent until the child goes to
school.  At this point parents and school each teach children.........
	In our society, children look for role models.  Athletes are often
looked to as role models.  This is one of those gray areas that goes
along with the job. Minor has done poorly with his responsibility.
	Again, Rick Pitino wants his players to display character on and off
the court.  I doubt he will tolerate this kind of action from his
players.  Just check out his chapter on role models in his book 'Success
is a Choice'.  He told the Globe that he was 'going to get to the bottom
of this'.
	It will be interesting to see what happens..................