Re: Greg Minor

Well it matters to me.  It matters knowing that the Celtics have a deadbeat
dad on their team.  It matters to me that the guy doesn't even care about
his own chidlren.  It matters to me that he feels no inclination at all
towards helping them.  That matters to me a lot.  If Antoine Walker was the
same, I would want him to be dumped off the team too. I guess its just a
matter of priorities, but on my priority scale family goes way before
basketball.

Tim

>Hello,
>        This is going to be an EXTREMELY unpopular stance on this subject,
>but so what?  I don't care that Greg Minor dumps his children.  I care if
>Greg minor does his job on the court.  So much is made of sports
>professional's off-court lives when in actuality, it's none of our business.
>Don't get me wrong, he's a scum bag...but he has the American constitutional
>right to be a scum bag if he is not checked by our court system.  We have to
>accept that, regardless of what we think of him, he's a basketball player.
>He plays a game for a living for Christ's sake.  He does this either to make
>money or to satisfy his love of the game.  More likely the former.  How many
>of us know someone that is absolutely perfect?  If he shows up in the last
>10 seconds of a championship series game that is tied and scores the winning
>bucket putting US up 1-0, how many would really care?  What if he was a
>compulsive gambler?  If he hits that jumper, his personal life is none of
>our business right?  It's a game.  It's fantastic.  Let's keep our eye on
>the future.  Some other team will not give a shit about this guy's off court
>activity if we let him go, we'll eat some salary, and where the hell are we
>then?  Great, we made a statement about morality... fuck that, I want a
>winning team.  So let the defamations of MY character begin and let Minor
>PLAY BASKETBALL!!!  Love and kisses all...
>

>                                  Chicken Fried Steak and All That...
>                                                         -Chuy
>
>           ***Play Extravagangsta!***
>*http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~lytton/gangster.html*
>  *See if you're as good as you think you are!*

Nault
rnault@ptialaska.net

Visit the PatriotsPage at:
http://www.ptialaska.net/~rnault/PatriotsPage.html