Re: Another Duncan rumor...

I'm not stating an opinion on the trade, but a few years ago would you have
believed Hardaway + 3 #1's for Webber. This doesn't seem that much
different and they went for it.

If WE got the #1 what would it take to trade Duncan away? Would you take
say Stackhouse, Battie, and 2 more #1 picks from Philly?

Just like salaries, people in sports use the most obscene examples as a
benchmark. He got 15 mil I want 15.1, they got 4 picks we want 5.

BTW this rumor was started on draft lottery day anyway. When a reporter
asked the Spurs owner or whatever what it would take to trade Duncan, he
said something like what is rumored below and then added even that might
not be enough.

At 8:18 AM -0500 6/3/97, Adam Litchy wrote:
>Who makes this crap up?  Even a third grader could see that this is utterly
>insane!  If the media needs to make up rumors to create intrest in their
>shows/atticles, etc., could'nt they at least come up with something more
>plausable?
>
>And people think we come up with outrageous trade ideas.
>
>Adam Litchy
>
>----------
>> From: Lance Gee <FrannieG@msn.com>
>> To: Celtics digest <celtics@igtc.COM>
>> Subject: Another Duncan rumor...
>> Date: Monday, June 02, 1997 10:38 PM
>>
>> KHTK sportsradio in Sacramento is reporting the San Antonio Spurs are
>> considering sending Tim Duncan to the Celtics for two #1's this year, a
>> next year, and Antoine Walker.
>>
>> Lance

k k @ h a r v a r d . e d u
U I S / H a r v a r d   U n i v e r s i t y