Re: celtics centers

At 06:13 AM 6/3/97 -0400, you wrote:
>very cogent thoughts....not sure I agree with all of it, but I wish more
>stuff on the list was of this high quality.  I don't think that any of our
>talented players like antoine are prepared to run an offense yet.  I think a
>true point guard would help...but if you could get antoine to run the
>offense, we would be miles ahead of the game.  he needs more basketball
>experience though.  (last year he mostly learned about one on one offense i
>think.)

I think he ran the offense at Kentucky some of the time, so he might be able
to in the NBA. Last year, after all our injuries made ML realize the season
was a bust, ML gave Antoine full offensive freedom to shoot as much he
wanted so we probably haven't seen Antoines ability to play the
point-forward. He still managed 3.6 assists during the course of the year so
he may be a more compentent ochestrater than he looked last season. Now that
we have Pitino time will tell.