Re: Predictions

JimMeyer@aol.com wrote:

> There are no established stars...nobody who has really proven themselves at
> the top tier of the league.  At the same time...IF the injury bug doesn't
> bite as hard as last year, we have a lot of folks who can put in quality
> minutes.  NOBODY will look forward to playing us.  We may loose a couple more games than we win, but I bet we are very much in most of the
ones we loose...scrapping and fighting until the end.  RP is putting
together a team of hungry folks.   I've been looking back again at some
of the comments made by some of our most revered Celtics when they have
answered questions about what made their teams so special and different
from the rest of the league.  I think we are seeing the very beginnings
of that rekindled here.

> Comments?  Disagreements?

I think you're right Jim, and that's what I meant when I mentioned JoJo's
name originally.  Everyone made individual sacrifices for the sake of the
team during that era.  If Pitino gets these players to buy into the
theory that it's still a team game and nothing replaces the
combination of hard work & talent, we're on the way back to
respectability.

There haven't been many responses about JoJo's treatment, with the
exception of Tom, so I guess you agree that he was treated unfairly.
After he left Boston, he went to Seattle, I believe.  But he told me that
the team who wanted him most of all, was the Lakers, but Red wouldn't
allow it, no matter what stage of his career he was at.