Re: Shaq would take MJ to the cleaners one on one.

JLyell wrote:

> Michael could score, but how could he stop Shaq one on one going to
> the
> goal.
>
> Foul him and put him on the line !  That would guarantee a win for
> M.J.

That's just it, in one on one there are no foul shots, so MJ gains
nothing by fouling Shaq and Shaq can foul MJ and MJ just gets the ball.

The point of my post was picked up by someone, sorry that I didn't reply
directly, and that is the two can not be compared.  Basketball is a team
sport.  MJ is the best active player in the league on the best team with
the best coach.  He ought to win.  And does because of his will and
determination.  This puts him in the class of the greatest.  But unlike
Bill and Wilt, Cowens and Reed, Oscar and West, Bird and Magic, there is
noone in the NBA in his class, of talent, or desire.  So, it is
unfortunate that we do not see the great one on one duels that mean
something.  And I don't mean play one on one, because Bird and Magic
didn't guard each other. But the players had their teams and controlled
the games so it was Magic against Bird.  But others were head up.  Quite
clearly that challege does not exist for MJ.  Yet, he continues to
excell and seek greatness.  That I admire.  To say he could beat Shaq
one on one is speculation, and perhaps, not really possible either.

Peace,
- --
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net