Re: Those greedy Celtic fans

- ----------
> From: casey soulies :
>

> It was less than a month ago and everybody on this list was happy over
the picks of Billips and Mercer.  Pitino talked his way a good young talent
like Mercer (also thanks to ML).  But, before the draft everyone had these
wild trade storys and other crap to help there personal needs.  The draft
came, we got to 2 great young talents.  But, thats not good enough, no.  We
need to trade these guys before they even play one minute of hoop.  Because
this team which one 15 games needs only someone like Baker, to make them a
contender.  Williams, and Brown have worked there ass's off this off
season

Get serious,  Brown is an overpaid dime a dozen guard, and Wiliams has some
nice moves but his game needs much improvement in other areas.  He is not
near all -star status.

, but no, we need more trades and more signings.  Chauncey Billups has not
even steped a foot on the court, we haven't seen the prospects for the 98'
or 99 draft, Dana Barros is a former all-star also but, giving up all this
talent for one man (in your minds) would be great.

Barros, another overpaid one dimensional flop who can't even shoot the ball
consistently, and is a big time defensive liability.

 Then you try to compare a possible Baker trade to the Hornets Heat deal
swaping a few players for one in Morning.  NO-WAY, Alonzo's Hornets were
going to be a great team if it wasn't for LJ's injury and Zo wanting to
break the bank.

I wouldn't have bet on it.  Grand Mama's skills have deteriorated & his
weaknesses exposed, ask the Knicks they  should have kept Mason.  Chemistry
would have kept them from the top.

 Zo was a good center on the market full of average ones, thats why they
tried so hard.  Baker, cursed this whole mailing list when he said he liked
to play for the Celtic  Vin is a young power forward, they come a dime a
dozen these days.  Bakers team can't even make the play-offs (that does
speak for Vin).  Trading for Vin Baker, we would lose the one thing we
have, a deep roster full of potential.

Look what that roster full of potential got us last year !  If we had a
chance to get Baker, a young proven big man, for Williams, Barros &
Billups, a team would be stupid to pass it up.  True Billups and Williams
could become good players, but they could become the next Kidd & Mashburn
also. As for Barros, it would be smart to move him to anyone who would take
his ridiculous salary off our hands.  As far as his former all-star status,
he had one decent year on a lousy team that just let him shoot.  To be
successful, you have to excel at other facets of the game, which with the
exception of a few players, there isn't anyone who has proven they are
anywhere near all-star status.

> Let me explain.  If the report someone had earlier is correct that Outlaw
> could be signing, then we are strong and very deep.
>
> PG - Billups/Brown/Murdock
> SG - Mercer/Barros/Minor
> SF - Walker/Williams/Minor
> PF - Outlaw/Ellison
> C  - Knight/Declerq/Ellison
>
> With Outlaw at PF we would have no problem stopping say, Vin Baker.
While