No Subject

There's a ton a rick fox posts that make it pitino's fault that fox is
gone.  Fox is gone because he, not pitino, took a gamble and lost!

Rick had a clause in his contract which let him try free agency this
July if he decided too.  Rick did not have to activate this clause.
For whatever reasons he decided to test the waters and see if he could
command more money and then use that against the celtics to resign him
at a higher salary.

Rick is the creator of the bonehead pass and he is the creator of the
bonehead wrong time to test the waters.  You never do this crap when
new complete management comes in.  Its political suicide whether
sports or business.  Pitino's first take was "Being captain should
mean something, but obviously Rick is making a business decision."

What pitino meant was "What kind of Captain seeks to leave his ship?"
These are not the type of players pitino wants.  He want total loyalty
to the cause.

I like Rick Fox a lot.  I'm sorry to see him be released but he
gambled and lost.  Such is life. Maybe rick will land on his feet
maybe he won't.  I do know I think he made a risky stupid decision as
he would have fit into the pitino system and have been a good captain.

no lost tears.  It was fox's choice.

- -steve

The Boston Celtics will hang banner #17 in the PitinoPalace by 2001!
You Can't Keep A Good Leprechaun Down forever...
http://www.tiac.net/users/ChomS/celtics.html