Re: Celtics and Vin?

- ----------
> From: JThorneST@aol.com
> around $10 million per season, and the Celtic's can only offer him 3
million,
> and that may be optimistic, what do you think Baker will do?

I agre with you, Baker will read that offer as the Celtics are not
interested in him.

>  Vin I believe is scheduled to make 3.8 million in the coming year.  In
> the NBA, trades have to be within 15% of each other relating to the
salary
> cap with all the players involved.  I propose that we offer this deal
>
> Vin Baker (3.8)
> for
> Dana Barros(3.4)
> Eric Williams(1.0)
> '99 First Rounder
> '2001 First Rounder

I don't think this will get it done and even if Milwaukee is willing still
as per rule a team can't trade 2 first round draft picks. In my opinion it
will take two two 1st round draft picks to get baker, out of which one will
have to be top 5. The Bucks need help at point and PF<after Baker is gone>
and would want Billups & Williams & first rounder in 98 or 99. If we give
them Billups, we will need help at point in which case we can exchange
Perry or Douglas for either Brown or Barros <Both Perry and Douglas's
contracts are shorter than Brown or Barros>. - Mishra