SIGNING

Hi.  Is there any way, other than for Fox to sit out for the required
time, for the Celts to get him back?  If another team signed him, could
we trade for him?  It seems from what I've read on the list that
wouldn't be possible, but would like to know.  I still wonder about the
lack of veteran leadership on this team.  I wish he hand't opted for
free agency, but from where the team was at that time, I suppose he
really had no choice.  How was he to know they'd renounce him?  I've
been accused of being sentimental, but I feel a loyalty to those players
like Fox and Wesley who have given their all for the good of the team.
If I don't feel that, I'm not a fan, in my judgement.  All games, all
sports, are about winning, but there's alot more to it than that.  I
have enjoyed watching Wesley develope and Eric Williams, too.  It seems
we're replacing the whole team, and the whole team did not need to be
replaced.  Where's the continuity?  Now we're basically down to Eric and
Antoine, and even though I like Antoine, I don't yet have the feeling
for him I did for the others (Fox & Wesley).  It takes alot of the joy
out of watching the games.  That may not be the way others see it, but
as a very long time fan, that's where I'm coming from.  Don't misunder-
stand me.  I'm still a Celtic fan, but right now I'm from Missouri and
they have to prove they deserve to be Celtics.  Show me.
Dorine