Re: Rate Pitino's move Poll

>Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 11:04:07 PST
>From: "Damon Graff" <dgraff@mfi.com>
>Subject: Re: Rate Pitino's move Poll

>     3. Signing Travis Knight to a 7 year contract.
>                B       The jury will be out on this one for sume time.  If
>     Travis gives us 15 points & 10 rebounds, then the deal was a steal.
>     If he turns in to the next Montross, then not.  But he seems to be
>     almost exactly the player Pitino wants at the 5 hole right now, and
>     we've got to see what he's got before we can condemn him.

I agree that Knight may fit into Pitino's system, but what I don't
understand is the big-time contract for someone so unproven -- and a
contract that saddles the Celts with his salary long-term if he doesn't
produce, but still allows him to up and re-sign with another team if he
does produce. I guess 2 - 3 million/yr. is actually pretty close to the
average salary for any team ($25m cap / 12 players); still I think the
Celts could have done better.

We'll see.

- -Marc