Re: Rate Pitino's move Poll

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 14:31:30 +-900, you expressed these thoughts:

>OK so everybody has had fun lashing out in M.L.'s end of term report.

I don't think its Pitino moves that need to be graded, its what he
brings.  Players want to play for him.  Fans want to see him.  He's
totally cleared house in bad management and cba quality players.  He's
said to the players, if I don't see your ass in boston this summer,
you 're out of here.  Anybody who only won 15 games should wannabee
better.  He told walker to stuff his stats up his !@# and set a
classic power control move by dumping Dino.  This man knows where he
wants to go and he's going to get there.

This franchise now has a backbone that wants to be the best, exude
success, and win for its fans.  This is Celtic Pride.  Pitino has
brought it back.  Carr thought it was towel waving.  Pitino, like Red,
knows its winning.  And thats a way of life.

Red wasn't perfect.  He screwed up too but when you are on top of the
world the mistakes are less visible.  ML wasn't on top.  Rick is for
today.  Just his coaching and attitude will take us from 15 wins to 23
wins.  Development of his young players will take us from 23 to 30 -
35 this year.  Next year, with a major free agent, the skys the limit.

Do I question some of the things he does? Yes.  The Pippen trade would
have been bad for us.  But Rick knows his vision whihc we are not
privy too.  I think he will fall a few times but he'll get up and keep
pluggin along to get us our banner.  I've seen a lot of managers, in
business and sports.  Rick right now is tops in my book.  ML never
was.  We gave him the courtesy of doubt and he never moved above that
level.

- -steve

The Boston Celtics will hang banner #17 in the PitinoPalace by 2001!
You Can't Keep A Good Leprechaun Down forever...
http://www.tiac.net/users/ChomS/celtics.html