Re: next year's free agents.

- --=_ORCL_12381115_0_11919707161459280
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

> It's very early to talk about this but,
> I don't think the C's are going to try for 1 of the big name
> 3rd year PF's next year.

It is a matter of conjecture though, but it seems that no 3rd year star PF
will hit the free agency market. Either the team will sign him before he hits
the market or they will trade him to a team which can come to an understanding
with him. All GM's in the league have learnt from Shaq experience, any mishaps
like that will have them looking for another job.

> Pitino set himself up w/ young bangers to long term contracts
> rather than wait for scorers like Smith, Mcdyess, Wallace next year.

Pitino realizes that he can't compete with teams like Bulls or Suns next year
in terms of money under the cap. By drafting the best available talent, with
the exception of Duncan and signing up players that other teams would like to
have, he has placed the C's in a very good position in an event of a big
trade.

> Prediction: Celts go after Scottie Pippen, who shows the youngsters
> the work ethic on D and on court mentality of an NBA champ.

I don't think so that deal is off for now, the most likely teams to trade with
are Denver and Milwaukee. The question is when?

                                        - Mishra

- --=_ORCL_12381115_0_11919707161459280