Re: Kevin Garnett

: I don't know what all you guys are talking about that we or any team
: will have a shot at Kevin.  The only way we get Garnett is if we get
: Marbarry with him they are best friends and will be on the same team
: there hole carrer No Matter the money.  so forget about Garnett already

While we're on the subject of Mr. Garnett, am I the only one who thinks
that he is TOTALLY FREAKING OUT OF HIS MIND?

Excuse me for shouting so loud. :-)

When I first heard the $25 million a year number a few days ago, I assumed
that I had either mis-heard the numbers, or it was just some wild rumor
concocted to get fan reaction.  Now, granted, it could very well *be* a
case of hearsay gone bad, but assuming it isn't, what in the hell is he
thinking?  Last time I checked, his name wasn't "Jordan".  Last time I
checked, he was a 20 year-old forward who has had two pretty nice years in
the NBA, and shows promise, but nothing yet to make me believe that he'll
end up being the Greatest Ever.  McHale wouldn't be crazy enough to
actually give him that kind of silly money, would he?  Somehow I can't see
him being willing to cripple the franchise financially to satisfy one
greedy youngster.  The mind boggles...

- - Rob

P.S. If, for the sake of argument, he did wind up with a 4-year, $100
million contract, how much of that would count against the cap?  That's
the one part of the "Larry Bird exemption" I've never understood.