Re: Phoenix Suns

"Julie H. and Shawn H." <hiraham@erols.com> wrote:
> Yes, you missed a lot.  For one thing, KJ never officially retired.  For
> another, he signed for another year.

Good, I love watching him play.

> Actually if you saw him play last year you would know he sucked in quite
> a different way from how he sucked in Boston.  He was the go to guy at
> the end of games and he was neither tentative nor clueless in his shot
> selection.  He drove to the hole and he still got the calls from the
> refs  (ie:  never got whistled for travelling, palming, etc. went to the
> stripe on phantom fouls).

He may have had a few good 4th quarters.  The times I saw him, he
looked a lot like he looked when he was here.  And his numbers were
about the same as his Boston numbers.

> not at Georgia and not at Atlanta.  I thought it was ridiculous that so
> many Boston fans were so excited about getting him because he has never
> had a Celtic game.  I thought it was unfair when they turned on him when
> he failed to deliver on their unreasonable expectations (read:
> fantasies).

I can't speak for "so many Boston fans," but I for one was never
excited about getting him.  I always thought he was overrated when he
was in Atlanta, and I wasn't surprised that they jettisoned him in the
midst of their best season.  I turned on him when he turned out to be
even worse than I expected, not to mention whiney and egotistical.

> > What kind of sense does that make?  They already have a 6'1"/6'2"
> > backcourt, what do they need Barros for?
>
> You know, my grandma always said, "better to say nothing and let people
> think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."

Too bad you didn't listen to her.  Anyone who thinks that a trivial
error makes one a fool is a fool.

>							      Let's see...
> Chapman=6'4	Dumas=6'6	Kidd=6'4	Nash=6'3	Person=6'6
> To which "6'1/6'2 backcourt" were you referring, exactly?

If you recall, the Suns had the most success last season when they
started KJ and Kidd together.  KJ is 6'1".  I thought Kidd was 6'2".
I realized at the time I wrote it that I could be off by an inch or
two, but somehow it didn't seem to me that it would be a major
travesty.  As for the 6'6" Wesley person, he almost always played one
of the forward positions in their 3- or 4-guard lineup, so he didn't
really give them height in the backcourt.  And, I might add, the Suns
went the 3- or 4-guard lineup because they had no frontcourt to speak
of, and Ainge realized that he was better off putting his best players
on they floor than using an ineffective traditional lineup.  I fail to
see any sense in adding Dana Barros to a very short team that's
already loaded with three-point shooters.  They need a center even more
than the Celtics do, and need a very small shooting guard even less.

Any more words of wisdom from your grandmother?

> > >Dino's knees were "bone on bone" right?
> >
> > No, that was his head.
>
> LOL.  At least you're an entertaining fool...

Thank you.  You're just a fool.