Re: Renouncing free agents

At 10:27 AM 7/11/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Yeah right , why don't we also give him a pat on the back for those
>brilliant long term contracts of  Radja, Barros,  Ellison & Minor which
>basically cost us Fox & Wesley due to cap limits.

When did ML resign Radja? Other than his passing and defensive deficiencies,
Radja was a very good player before his injuries. ML was not precogniscent;
he did not know Radja was going to get injured. 5.3 mil is a pretty average
contract for someone who everyone thought would be a 20ppg/10rpg player.
Barros was an all star. Minor and Ellison were the only questionable players
given contracts and both were below NBA average(2 mil). Both were potential
signings(Minor in case he developed, and Ellison in case he recovered). Both
could have helped(and may still under Pitino) the celtics. Each "brilliant"
contract was a gamble that could have paid off but didn't. Each problem was
a more of a case of bad luck rather than foolishness.

Noah