Re: Jayson Williams

Damon Graff wrote:

>      If Williams is so great, how come NJ (a *weak* team) is looking to get
>      rid of him so badly?

Williams is a very popular cut-up.  Kind of like a class clown.
Calipari's success (such that it is) as a coach comes from "selling" his
players on the belief that they are as good as he is telling them they
are eventhough all the "experts" say they aren't.  This approach works
well in college though usually not for more than a few years.  It only
works if everyone is either brought under the spell or at least pretends
to be while their teammates' eyes glaze over.  Williams can't listen to
Cal and keep a straight face.

IMHO, Williams is *not* the man for the C's but even if I'm wrong and
Pitino wants him (which I highly doubt) there is no way Cal would trade
him w/i the division.  His first choice would probably be to work a swap
for Kemp.  Barring that, he'll try to send him to Vancouver.  Either
way, my guess is Jayson is a lot closer to wearing a ring than is Cal.