Big Country

This might put Knight's contract into a little perspective:

[excerpted from Nando net]
http://www2.nando.net/newsroom/ap/bkb/1997/nba/van/feat/archive/070897/van62
883.html

- ---------------------------
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Jul 8, 1997 - 17:15 EDT) -- Bryant "Big
Country" Reeves, one of the Vancouver Grizzlies' big hopes for the future,
signed a six-year contract extension for a reported $65 million Tuesday.

[snip]

Reeves was the Grizzlies' first ever draft pick, chosen sixth overall out
of Oklahoma State in 1995. The 7-footer was the team's second-leading
scorer last season, averaging 16.2 points and 8.1 rebounds in 75 games as
Vancouver went 14-68 in its second season in the NBA

Same height, 3 times the scoring output, 3 times the experience -- three
times the salary.

- -Marc

p.s. if it was me, I'd hand each of these guys a few hundred bucks cash
after each game and call it even, but I guess that's not the way it works
in the NBA.