"Rent-a-Raja"

>From:	StathisA@msn.com (Stathis Avgoustiniatos)

>Radja arrived in Greece this afternoon, local time, and claimed there is no
>problem with his health and that he wants to play for the Greek team.  The
>only forseen problem, according to the article, is that the Celtics refuse to
>release him, but they want to "rent" him to the
>Greek team, and they demand a security deposit equal to 40% of Radja's
>contract, whatever that means.
>
>Stathis

I don't get it.  Wouldn't this screw up the whole point of getting rid of
Dino's effect on the salary cap ?  Is it legal anyway ?  Would it mean we
could bring him back after the European season is over (presuming he would
still be healthy and that we would want to) ?

Say, why didn't we rent them all of our free agents too ?

Seriously, the "security deposit" would be a way to get some cash to offset
Dino's salary, but wouldn't we be unable to use it for another player
because of the cap ?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Hank