Rick Fox

Okay, I hear a bunch of you hinting at it, but I want to be the first to
say it.  RICK PITINO IS AN IDIOT!!!!  He's a moron!  He knows nothing
about basketball! He couldn't carry ML's gym bag! How could he let Rick
Fox, the heart and soul of this team go?!?!  A guy who gave his all
every game, even when it didn't count for anything, who competed just to
compete, who epitomized all that is good and right and holy in athletic
competition!?!?

I also want to introduce the first derisive nickname for Pitino:
STUPITINO!

First the Radja deal, where he got bamboozled by Larry Brown, then the
Pippen mortgaging the future fiasco, then the give Travis Knight the
keys to the store and lose Rick Fox in the bargain Travis-ty.  Now,
field the only all-rookie all-unproven team in NBA history!

Okay, I hope all realize that I'm just kidding ( at least partly ).  The
only real problem I have with Pitino is the loss of Rick Fox, one of the
few real class players around.  And I will wait a couple of years to see
whether he can make something of this VERY young group or not before I
really criticize.  But I think it's interesting to note that we have
gone from almost annointing Pitino ( also unproven ) as the second
coming of Red Auerbach in his prime to saying "Personally, I think what
he did was nuts, but I'm willing to trust that he knows what he's doing
because he's a basketball genius."  Now, whether he's nuts or a genius
will depend on how well the team does next year.

I agree with those that say of last years players, "15 wins, exactly why
do you want ANYONE from that team back" with the exception of Rick Fox.
I somehow hope he ends up back in green again someday.  He will be
missed.

Long Live Pitino!!  Long may he reign!!

Dan Pelletier