RE: Garth Joseph

>The only remotely decent 7 footer I can remember who wasn't drafted in the
>first round was John Salley, who (a) wasn't really a center and (b) was
>a high second round pick (would've been a first in today's expanded
>league).
Wrong.  John Salley was the 11th pick in the (imfamous) 1986 draft.

Bill Lambier, although only 6-11, was the 65th pick in the 1979 draft and
was a legitimate all star center in the mid 80's.

McFilthy and McNasty,  (Jeff Ruland and Rick Mahorn) were selected
25th and 35th in the 1980 draft.  Granted neither are 7 footers, Ruland
is 6-9 and Mahorn 6-10, but both were very good centers in thier prime.

James Donaldson, 7-2, was also a more than decent 7-footer and he was
the 73rd pick in the 1979 draft.

And let us not forget Mark Eaton, selected 107th also in 1979.  He was
an all-star once.

>Parish was either a 6th or an 8th pick back in 1976.
Parish was the 8th pick.

Charles