JEREMY

Hi.  I never said I wanted to keep all our old players, but remember it
was not the decision of the players to trash the season, it was manage-
ment's.  They would take a player out when he was scoring big.  That's a
fact, I was watching the games, all of them.  I felt strongly about Fox
and Wesley because they were true Celtics, work ethic, leadership, the
whole 9 yards.  Apparently, basketball isn't about caring about the
players any longer.  Sorry if I seem like a sentimental WOMAN to you,
but I've been watching the Celtics since 1955 and I have never seen such
a housecleaning, where the players were nothing.  When Fox tried the
Free Agent market, he didn't know who the new coach would be.  When he
did know, he agreed to play for less, and that has been in print several
times.  I care about the games and the players, not just about winning
right away.  As far as I'm concerned, that's what a real fan is, but I
guess that's all changed these days, too.  It's a business, it's about
winning and nothing else.  Well I'm sorry, but I still think it stinks.
I will be watching the team this year, but they're going to have to win
the title of Celtic as far as I'm concerned, and so is Mr. Pitino.  This
is my opinion and after all these years of watching all the games and
going whenever possible, I think I'm entitled to it.  Thank God we at
least still have the same announcers, though maybe Rick will decide they
have to go, too, since 3 of them are former Celtics players.  Right now
I'm rooting for Dee Brown to show the potential he always had.  At least
he's a familiar face.
Respectfully,
Dorine