Celtics sending scouts

Hi,

Just thought I would inform you all of a bit o' celtic news.

In a week or so, I am moving to New York to take up a position with the
organisation that is providing the travel packages for the NBA Team scouts
to the Under 22 WC's here in Melbourne. I have a friend who is managing
this whole operation a while organising the packages for the teams, more
than a few bits of b'ball gossip were given.

The Celtics are sending scouts out here to look at a few "new" projects and
also get a good look at Ben Pepper again. Take it from one Australian, we
do have some talented players over here, but they are definately not NBA
quality. It was surprising enough that 4 Aussies were drafted, but this is
getting silly!

Believe it or not Jerry Krause made a personal call, gave his "home" phone
number to my friend and was more than interested in finding out what the
Celtics were up to. There is a meeting scheduled over here in Melbourne
between Jerry and representatives of my company. Being a local boy with
some basketball knowledge, I have been asked to sit in (whoohoo!) if I am
still in Australia. Trust me folks, I'll get that trade of Jordan for Dee
Brown through!  (Dee would probably fail the physical though!)

Greg Poppavich also said he has a major "project" in mind that will be
playing over here. I might add that he has put some big dollars into this
scouting trip, I don't think he wants his scouts to come home empty handed.

I will let you folks know of any further developments.

Cheers

Simon Kean
skean@c031.aone.net.au

"Why do dogs lick their balls..............because they can!"