Re: Pitino

One really weird thing about this one was on Sunday, Jackie McMullen and
Micheal Holley were on channel 7's sports extra or whatever. They both were
totally in favor of the trade that didn't happen. They didn't explain, but
this took me by surprise (esp. McMullen).

>I have got to go with Gary on this one.  If this deal would have happened
>it would have been comparable to the Chief & McHale deal with Golden St.,
>but in favor of Chicago.Pippen & Longley ?  Get serious !  Yeah we would
>win 40 games maybe, but our future would be down the toilet, while Chicago
>rebuilds with Mercer and Billups or McGrady.  I really can't believe anyone
>would even consider this unless it was an intermediary deal to bring a
>couple of other players to Boston, but what a risk.  But if he can pull of
>a couple of deals to unload Barros, Minor, Brown, or Ellison and find some
>diamonds in the rough I can forgive him.

k k @ h a r v a r d . e d u
U I S / H a r v a r d   U n i v e r s i t y