Re: Kansas/Texas Tech

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, JLyell wrote:

> Did anyone see the Texas Tech vs. Kansas game tonight ?  I had the
> Duke/N.C. game.   I read Battie had 29 points, 10 rebounds & 5 blocked
> shots, but they stunk it up in the second half & lost after leading by 16
> at the half.  I am just wondering how he looked against Lafrenz.  He put up
> some good numbers once again.

I thought that Raef Lafrentz was the 2nd best college center, but wow,
Battie put on a show.  He looked like a #2 pick in the draft last night.

He's a skinny guy, but gets rebounds the way Pervis, or McDyess does,
by jumping over people.  He has quick reactions and shotblocking on
the defensive end.  exactly what the C's need.

Lafrentz has a more refined post up game, but Battie would be a little
better for us.

Another big man for us to watch on saturday ABC I think, is
Zendon Hamilton from St. Johns.  His teamate is Felipe Lopez
(6'6' guard w/ legitimate Eddie Jones type athleticism).