Re: rookie / old timers game]

Marc Rahn wrote:

>      Although I think the rookie all star game is a good thing for All star
>      weekend, I used to enjoy the old timers game and always looked
>      foreword to seeing Larry and Magic go at it one more time.  Maybe they
>      can reassemble the mid 80's Celtics and Lakers. There are a few old
>      players that could still compete with other old guys,heck look at
>      George Foreman! What about McHale, DJ, Ainge, and on the other side
>      Abdul Jabar, Cooper, Worthy and you could always throw in some other
>      guys from other teams to even things out. Granted there are a few guys
>      that might not be physically not able to make it, Bird? definitely
>      Walton.
>      But who knows?
>
>      Any thoughts?
>
>      Marc

Yes those games were entertaining. However they are long gone. In the
late 80's I think it was the ex-Laker Wilkes that blew out his knee
while playing in the old timers game. There were additional minor
injuries that game also. The NBA decided it was to risky for the old
warriors and droped the game

JC