the year of living aimlessly

this is such a washout season, albeit necessary.  While hoping that
Iverson & Stackhouse get it together and put a streak together, I want to
comment on Eric Williams.  He was reportedly the best defensive player
in the camps before being drafted.  Plus, we tend to agree that he has
excellent inside moves, gets to the line a bunch, hustles, etc.  I don't see
why he can't be a very good 25 minute man.  I'm reluctant to trade for
people who are generally second line and unwanted elsewhere.

Also, Willoughby (ISU) looks dynamite.  Better than Reggie Freeman and
Derek Anderson--this is a first look opinion, of course.  But he can shoot
the lights out and plays defense, they say.  An explosive 2 guard
wouldn't be a bad pick for Dallas' slot.

One last thing:  is there any hint that the Villanova guy (Thomas) is
coming out?  There's a lot of talk about a freshman being a good pick, but
too many of these guys are underclassmen.  And I don't think Van Horn
will be a great pro; he just doesn't give confidence--to me--in my opinion.
Just a personal observation.

Gene  (snowed in in Texas)