Eric Williams and ML's madness

The problem Williams faces is a compound one

1) he is a SMALL FORWARD.  His moves are wasted on bigger players; just as
Antoine is a BIG FORWARD whose speed and dribbling advantages are wasted on
little forwards.  This shouldn't matter when they are played together, but
they aren't always "joined at the hip."

2) He is a young player.  Believe it or not, not every player is fully
developed in their second year.  Even Eric Montross may someday become
competent; most good NBA players don't really develop until their third or
fourth year.  For every Grant Hill or Michael Jordan there are three Kevin
McHales, Reggie Lewises, and Christian Laettners.  Eric may be hitting a wall
these days, but he has done some very good things for us, and playing with
more experience and a legitimate big man will help him a lot.

3)  After the loss to New York Saturday night, ML repeated his mantra that
"nothing less than a championship is acceptable."  ML is as crazy as Howard
Hughes, of course, but if by that he means that "a run at the playoffs"
should not be our goal, I'm with him.  Let's get in the running for Tim
Duncan --  if we don't get him, we can get Tim Thomas and Brian Skinner, or
Thomas and Koul, or even Van Horne and Billups, or some such combination.  I
personally like the idea of taking the best player with the first pick and a
big shotblocker with the second pick.  Go Philly!  Curses to Dallas!