Re: scouting

At  5:39 PM 97.1.9 -0500, Packman726@aol.com wrote:
>I hope that the information is not true about cutting back on scouting
>players. I think that it makes a team look real cheap. How are you supposed
>to get good talent without getting a good in-person look at someone?

 Yeah, if true it sounds a little ridiculous. If the current emphasis is on
rebuilding, then scouting should be an area in which the Celtics should be
investing in, not cutting back on.

To be fair, in Peter May's article (kindly forwarded to me by Bill Cooper),
it was mentioned that the scouting budget was drastically cut for "the
second half of last year". This was when the Celts were presumably scouting
for our current draft pick, and this pick turned out to be Walker. So has
the scouting budget for this year been restored? (even if it has I can't
imagine anyone scouting for the Celts being too happy about being relegated
to watching video tapes).

- -Marc