No Subject

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, John Lyell wrote:

> ----------
> From: Bill Cooper <wfcooper@tiac.com>
>
> Boy, M.L. must be suicidal.  I wonder if waiving Szabo means the Celts
> are going to sign a experienced big man?
>
> Bill Cooper
>
> ----------
> Salary reasons !   What does that mean ?  Wasn't Szabo making league
> minimum ?

On January 10th, all players with their teams since the beginning of the
season have their contracts become guaranteed for the rest of the year.
Waiving Szabo frees up his salary (league minimum) for the remainder of
the year, and the team can resign him to 10 day contracts later.

> Hey are there any Oliver Miller, Thomas Hamilton, Kevin Duckworth, Daryl
> Dawkins types out there ?

Thomas hamilton is out there again (cut by the bulls).  So is Dawkins.
Others include Benoit Benjamin and (I think) dwayne Shinzius.

> Maybe something happening with Brian Williams ?

This may be true.  If the  Celtics get an exemption for half of Dino's
salary + Szabo's salary + the difference between augmon and brown's
salaries - they could have close to 4 million to offer Williams - which
might get it done.

Adam