Re: Bad News

The Dino issue bothers me.  Last year when Dino went out the celts
improved their record.  With a real shot at Tim Duncan I definitely do
not want the celts improving their win columns.  Will Dino's absence
help or hinder?

As for Brett Szabo - Brett who?  The guy played a few trash minutes.
The celts did not want to have a CONTRACT for $220,000 a year dude.
It is easier to let his rights go and rehire him on 10 day contracts.
Now you'll see the celts bring in a bunch of other journeyman to try
them out.

As for Brian Williams, I don't see him here :( unless we can unload
Dino.  :)

- -steve=20
with a severe case of Duncanitis

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997 18:48:51 -0500 (EST), you expressed these thoughts:

>WEEI Reports the following:
>
>Dino Radja out for the season - knee surgery due to a damaged knee cap
>from his collison with Grant Hill.
>
>Brett Szabo - waived for salary reasons.
>
>I'm curious to know if the league still gives a salary cap exemption for
>players out for an entire season (you used to get 1/2 the salary).  Dino
>would be worth almost 2.7 million, which could be very useful =
(especially
>if the one year carryover still exists).
>
>Adam

The Boston Celtics will hang banner #17 in the FleetCenter by 2001!
You Can't Keep A Good Leprechaun Down forever...
http://www.tiac.net/users/ChomS/celtics.html

I've broken on through to the other side...