Calling All Capologists

2 questions for all you cap geniuses out there:

1.  For how much longer is Stacey Augmon signed?  I like the Brown for
Augmon deal, but not if Augmon's contract is more of a millstone than
Dee's.  Maybe ML will play Augmon, Day, Minor, Barros and Fox together
- -- the first all 2-guard lineup!

2.  Assuming David Wesley can be re-signed for any amount under the Bird
rule, are there any limits on how his contract can be structured?  For
instance, could the C's sign him to a 5 yr deal paying $10M in '97-98
(when we won't need the cap space since there aren't any decent free
agents anyway) and $1.25M in each of the following 4 yrs (when there
will be a new crop of 3 yr players each yr)?  I think Wes has earned a
long term deal (especially since I don't think any of the point guards
out there are worth a top 10 pick this year); I just don't think it's
worth sacrificing our maneuverability to give him one.  I recall the
Knicks doing something like this with Ewing (he made $18.7M last year
and is making about $3M this year -- the goal was to create cap space to
sign free agents, which the Knicks obviously did).