Re: back-up point guard

I agree that we could very easily look to the CBA for a back up point   the
Rockets are a fine example of scouting out the CBA  I wish we had
Maloney(SP?) on the roster

ps- can GILL defense the other 2 gaurds???????   if so . .. . .. .  can
williams and KEEP FOX  IMO !!!!!!!!
                take care!!!!!!!!!

>> Fred Fahey wrote:
>> >We DO NOT need McInnis.  He is not a true point guard in
>> >thgat he looks for his own shot first.  He has talent and
>> >an attitude.  One of the good things about being terrible is
>> >that you can afford to be selective (no hurry to
>> >get better).  Stay with Wesley, he si the
>> >best thing we have going.
>> Not arguing McInnis is *The Answer*, but I think you're missing a bigger
>> point with your last comments. The C's are in desparate need of a back-up
>> point. Not necessarily to replace David but to keep from ruining him. Wesley
>> is averaging over 40 min per game. Bad enough per se, but this is on an
>> injured foot that will never get the chance to fully heal at this rate. I'm
>> not even remotely comparing David to Kevin as a player, so don't everyone
>> have fits, but the situation is distressingly similar to when McHale
>> continued to play on a stress fracture, diminishing his mobility forever
>> after and cutting the length of his career. David is nowhere near the player
>> Kevin was, but the C's need him and they will just as surely break him down
>> unless they get him some help. So no, they can't afford to wait.
>> -Kim
>> Kim Malo
>> kmalo19@mail.idt.net
>>

>No point in a back up point who bitches about PT.  Go to the CBA and get
>a point who will be happy to be here.  Again, we are
>in no hurry to get better right now.  Also, how can you "ruin" a player
>by playing him 40 minutes?  Is the pitch count lunacy migrating from
>baseball to basketball.  Granted he might get tired playing 40 mpg but
>I suspect he does more running in practice than he does in a 40 minute
>game.
>
>While I am at it, was is the point of not playing Walker at least
>30 mpg?  The man is only 20 YO and needs PT to improve, not ML's
>words of wisdom on the bench.
>
>Fred

        AMERICAN HERO
       LEGENDARY LOVER