Duncan

- ----------

> 	I didn't mean to imply that Daugherty sucked or anything like
> that.  When he was healthy he was a great player.  But many people on the
> list have been mentioning Duncan in the same breath as Hakeem Olijuwon
and
> Bill Russell.  To me those comparisons seem very far fetched.  Your
> talking about probably two of the top ten players ever.  I don't see
> Duncan being able to take the night in and night out grind of going up
> against the biggest players in the league every game.  If an NBA team
were
> to play him 40 minutes every game at center, he could very well end up
> having his career cut short just like Brad Daugherty.
> 	Along the same lines the C's really need to at least sign a CBA
> point guard to give Wesley some rest.  I don't see his playing 45+
minutes
> a game on a bad foot helping to add additional years to his career.
>
> Jeremy
>
> The great centers all had some good supporting cast members
(Jabbar/Worthy, Walton/Lucas, Reed/Debushere, Parish/McHale, Olajuwan
/Thorpe etc.) to lighten the load,  especially in the paint.  No matter who
you are,  if the other team is using 2-3 Koncak's, Kites, & Laimbeer's at
you on you,  it will take its toll over the years if some additional inside
help is not there. We have seen this year alone with Dino.

Wesley definitely needs some backup.  Maybe with a trade, the Dallas pick
or the second rounder.

John