Re: back-up point guard

Fred Fahey wrote:
>We DO NOT need McInnis.  He is not a true point guard in
>thgat he looks for his own shot first.  He has talent and
>an attitude.  One of the good things about being terrible is
>that you can afford to be selective (no hurry to
>get better).  Stay with Wesley, he si the
>best thing we have going.
Not arguing McInnis is *The Answer*, but I think you're missing a bigger
point with your last comments. The C's are in desparate need of a back-up
point. Not necessarily to replace David but to keep from ruining him. Wesley
is averaging over 40 min per game. Bad enough per se, but this is on an
injured foot that will never get the chance to fully heal at this rate. I'm
not even remotely comparing David to Kevin as a player, so don't everyone
have fits, but the situation is distressingly similar to when McHale
continued to play on a stress fracture, diminishing his mobility forever
after and cutting the length of his career. David is nowhere near the player
Kevin was, but the C's need him and they will just as surely break him down
unless they get him some help. So no, they can't afford to wait.
- -Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@mail.idt.net