Re: Travis Knight.......joke, joke, joke

At  6:16 PM 97.2.27 -0500, Tim Stewart wrote:
>Travis Knight is nothing but a joke.   The last thing we need is another
>great WHITE hope like Montross.  Let's go with Duncan from Wake and get
>somebody we know will produce for us!!

I like the way things in sports have come half circle. It used to be that
owners didn't want to sign guys like Bill Russell because they didn't want
those "awkward, gangly black guys" on their team. Nowadays that kind of
talk is considered racist, but instead we get comments about how we don't
need some "big slow white guy".

I say judge a person on his merits (which in Tross' case you are justified
in saying "big, slow, and clueless"), but the color of the guy is
irrelevant and shouldn't be used as a gratuitous way of lumping two people,
such as Tross and Travis, together.

- -Marc