mercer

My prediction is that Mercer will be the best player taking next year when
you look at the draft five years from now.  Yes I want Duncan for his size
and he should be taken first, but I really think Mercer will be the man.
Like drafts in the past, a guy
with his ability might be more valuable to a team even though we need a
center.  Some example are Grant Hill and Jordan both going third and
nobody would argue now that they should have been taken first no matter
what the teams who selected first needed.  I am not saying he will be the
next Jordan or Hill but sometimes when a player is that special you need
to select him even though there is a bigger need at a different position.
I don't think Houston would have been complaining with Jordan even though
they already had Drexler.  Those two would have won a title together, any
arguments? It is just a prediction, so we'll wait five years and we'll see
if I'm right.

Christopher R. Gee