Re: THE TRADE

At  5:34 PM 97.2.18 +1100, Simon Kean wrote:
>The Mavericks have gone from potential success with the 3 J's.
>
>They then sent away Jason, Dallas now has 2 J's
>
>Jamal went to Miami, Dallas now has 1 J.
>
>Jimmy went to New Jersey , Dallas now has no J's.
>
>The only thing left to do is sign O.J.

I agree. I think he would cut a fine figure as he knifes his way to the
basket, and I think he's already signed a shoe contract with Bertuccis.
Payton was worried that OJ would steal his nickname, "The Glove", but
somehow I have a feeling it just wouldn't fit OJ.

Boy Nelson sure didn't waste any time in Dallas. Serious guy -- check out
this quote:

**************

"Though he didn't name players, Nelson said several bad attitudes in the
Mavericks' locker room prompted his swift moves."

"There were just so many negative things about this ballclub," he said.
"This locker room shocked me. It's not acceptable and will not be acceptable
from this point on ... I observed it, watched it and basically got sick
about it."

This trade will almost certainly help the Celts this year, it is hard to
imagine Dallas not geting worse with so many new players coming together
for the first time. There is not a single player on Dallas' roster that was
there last year!

On the other side of the ledger, this trade apparently will free up $14
million in salary cap over the next 2 years to use in pursuing free agents.
"This is a trade for the future" said coach Calipari.

- -Marc