Bird vs. Erving

Hey list,
	Am I bleeding green when I say to people that Bird is the greatest
forward ever?  How can I get from people that Erving is the better?  Erving
won one title, Bird three.  Erving won one NBA M.V.P. that I'm sure of, but
he might have won two, but Bird won 3 anyway.  Plus, Bird is the only
forward ever not just to win 3 M.V.P.'s in a row, but three at all!  He's
the greatest passing forward ever, one of the greatest rebounding forwards
ever and maybe one of the greatest clutch performers ever...

I say Bird is better than Erving.  Am I wrong?

John