bird

My feelings are that at the end of the season Bird should take over as GM.
Yes no one knows what he will be like, but for all he has done, and all
his knowledge he deserves to be given a chance.  And there is no better
time than the present.  The celts can't get any worse, unless you are in
Vancouver, and they have potential stars now with good draft picks and
salary cap room in the next couple of years.  I wouldn't say give him the
job because he's one of the best players ever, but because of his
mental approach to the game which is also one of the best ever.  He
understands the game better than anyone and for that he should be given a
chance.

Christopher R. Gee
e-mail: cgee@bgnet.bgsu.edu