Chauncey Billups

I have been telling several people that Chauncey Billups would not be coming
out for the draft this year, based on his public statements.  There is now a
wildcard in the mix.

Colorado's coach, Ricardo Patton, is being wooed by the University of Memphis
to replace Larry Finch.  Billups says if Patton leaves, he may turn pro this
year, as he would not like to start over again with his third coach in three
years at CU.

I think the chances of Patton's staying are slim.  Colorado has a weird state
law that does not allow multi-year contracts or deferred payouts for state
employees, including college coaches.  Patton has said he would like more
security.  In addition, he originally comes from Nashville, TN, and his wife
is from Memphis.

All you Celtics fans drooling over Billups, stay tuned.  I will pass along any
news/rumors I hear.
- --
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com